This looks pretty good full screen

Discussions related to custom GreatNews styles

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

patrick013

This looks pretty good full screen

Postby patrick013 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:55 am

A new CSS which looks pretty good full screen.

News Window.zip
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 26118 times

Patrick

ktm

Re: This looks pretty good full screen

Postby ktm » Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 am

I think it's a good starting point for a new style, but the color scheme needs a little more work (look here for inspiration) - e.g. the link color clashes with the headline background. The font selection is chaotic too, try to stick to one or two (similar) fonts. And stop using Comic Sans, please!

patrick013

Re: This looks pretty good full screen

Postby patrick013 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 am

ktm wrote:I think it's a good starting point for a new style, but the color scheme needs a little more work (look here for inspiration) - e.g. the link color clashes with the headline background. The font selection is chaotic too, try to stick to one or two (similar) fonts. And stop using Comic Sans, please!

I'm about ready to retire from this .CSS thing. I think the "body" background should be silver, the headline
background should be lavender or light blue instead of Alice Blue, and Comic Sans should be Trebuchet
Italic. I make the pager not to display on mine, it's set to 999 anyway. The other fonts are the same as the
default GN styles for the most part. I like highlighting the links a bright color so I don't miss them when I
label a news item and keep it. Must have been looking at Yahoo too much. I'll fix it and upload it again some day.
I have one other one that I use all the time, so I'll upload that too when time allows.

Cheers,

Patrick013

Return to “GreatNews Styles”